The first line support engineer is part of the technical services department.
This department is responsible for all the technical support related to the Crestron product.
The main responsibilities of this department are maintenance, troubleshooting of existing Crestron set-ups, treat and answer customer questions, the repair of defect products, testing of products and quality control. Being part of this team means working with a high technological product and working in team. (Across EMEA). An application engineer is responsible for all trouble shooting and problem solving concerning Crestron hardware and software. Technical knowledge and overall product experience are essential to provide qualified after sales technical support.
He/she reports to the local technical team leader of the department
- Support internal and external Crestron Projects
- Taking ownership of technical challenges and technical projects.
- Provide support, guidance and information, both on a hard and a software level.
- Support complex Crestron implementations.
- Visit Crestron installation in the complete EMEA region to investigate and help solving issues.
- Troubleshoot both internal and external problems; Find solutions for more complex challenges. Detect, define and fix the problem.
- Work together with other departments for internal Crestron Projects
- Local and EMEA trainings.
- EMEA tradeshow.
- Internal Crestron installations
- Optimizing and restoring system and network issues that occur on technical level.
- Host possible training classes for internal colleagues and external customers. Mostly local but possibility to host session in the EMEA region.
- Identify customer questions and advise them on operational issues
- Set up internal tests to gain experience with (new) Crestron products. Identify and tackle possible challenges
- Communication between the internal departments and with the application engineers in our satellite offices.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of English, other languages are added value
- A bachelor’s degree in ICT (system and network engineering), ideally with a specialization electronics. Or equal experience.
- Significant interest in home automation and automatic control systems
- Customer and commercial mindset.
- Hands-on, problem-solving, analytical mind
- Well organized
- Experience with programming. Experience with C#
- Team player and flexible mindset
- Eager to learn and continuously improve your knowledge