As an AV Systems Designer, you are part of the Engineering & Product department.
This department is the extension of the product and engineering team in the US, were the CRESTRON products are created and made in line with future and most recent technologies.
Being part of this team, means being at the frontline of the new products and new releases for European market. As a team of experts, the job requires constant study and update on all the new designs, processes and products coming up.
As an AV Systems Designer, you are responsible for the support of the sales people and works closely with sales to deliver the projects from a technical perspective.
Our Sales team works within different sectors of the AV market: Commercial, Residential, Marine, Education & Government.
In this role, you will be mainly responsible for the Residential & Lighting sector.
JOB INFORMATION: TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
The Designer provides technical support to Crestron Sales Managers and their customers with regard to providing equipment specifications and illustrations as a solution that meets the design brief.
As a Designer, you can use your technical experience and overall product knowledge to provide qualified proposals and designs on a daily basis.
- Produce system drawings from a client given brief (Using Microsoft Visio predominantly)
- Provide technical design support to internal colleagues and external customers
- Assist Crestron dealers with their own design and build projects
- Be able to read drawings and understand the intentions and systems functionality
- Work together with the design team and account managers to provide a complete solution
- Identify and resolve technical queries and system design issues
- Understand competitor or existing systems designs and provide an alternative Crestron solution
- Illustrate and convey the design so that all levels of competence can understand the solution
- Identify areas where upselling is possible. Show options, alternative solutions and highlight features and additional benefits of Crestron products.
- Understand AV & Control systems in particular Crestron products and system architecture
- Have a good technical knowledge and experience of AV systems, signal and connector types, distance limitations, image resolutions etc
- AV Design or Engineer background preferred
- Familiarity of Computer Aided Design software such as Microsoft Visio and AutoCad
- Good presentation, graphic design and illustration skills
- Ability to assess and understand customer’s requirements
- Be computer literate with a good understanding of the most common software applications
- Able to work in a fast moving environment, under pressure to the timescales set out
- Good interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
- Responsible, team player
- Highly self-motivated
- Creative mind
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE
- Result oriented
- Communication skills
- Quality oriented
- Analytical thinking
- Customer oriented
- Learning attitude
- Planning and organizing