Anything involving money passes through the finance department. This department wants to ensure that finance is aligned with the strategy of the business. Finance department strives to simplify and uniform processes within the 13 entities in EMEA in order to deliver financial information in an accurate, transparent and tax compliant manner.
- Accounts Payable: In order to maintain great relationships with suppliers, make sure that everyone gets paid on time is a vital role. Next to this, our accountants keep an eye on opportunities to save money.
- Accounts Receivable: Another critical duty of the department is to account for and track receivables, including outstanding invoices and any required collection actions in a customer friendly way.
- Financial analysis: Make financial reports that can be used for budgeting, forecasting and other decision making processes.
- Financial controls: Implement controls with view toward compliance, fraud and theft prevention.
- Payroll and taxes: In cooperation with HR department, finance department makes sure that all employees are paid accurately and timely. In addition, proper tax is assessed and tax payments are on time with state and federal government agencies.
JOB INFORMATION: TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
We are looking for a Junior Business Analyst to join us at our EMEA headquarter, based in Rijmenam.
Your main objective will be giving structured visibility to the management through different reports and presentations. Your responsibilities will include data analysis, reporting and sales process optimization.
You will summarize and analyze large data and you will also translate these into practical and concrete suggestions. Sharing your insights with management and internal customers (Country directors, Sales managers, …) in a timely, accurate, clear and reliable manner.
You will provide relevant data and analyzes on a periodic or ad hoc basis, with the aim of making results measurable.
You will work together and under supervision of a senior Business Analyst in order to gradually take up more responsibilities.
You will be the link between different departments as Sales, ICT, Business Projects and Finance. Your internal customers will be Country Directors, Sales managers, Management which you will support through following tasks:
- Preparation and interpretation of quantitative analysis of region, sales representatives, customer performance, products, pricing, margin analysis
- Assist with the development of sales targets and goals
- Creation and maintenance of weekly and monthly standard reporting, templates, Power point presentation for management
- Ad hoc analysis, answering questions from the field
- Develop a helicopter view in order to design or streamline new procedures and policies, systems and measurement tools to improve business processes and troubleshoot system issues
- Recommend revision to existing reports and assist in the development of new reporting tools or new projects when needed
- Master degree in Finance, economics or a related field
- High level knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of SAP is a must
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- At least 1 or 2 years relevant experience
- Strong analytical mindset with eye for detail
- Able to interpret the numbers and figures from a business point of view
- Pro-active and solution oriented
- Able to communicate clearly your thoughts, ideas, solutions to non-financial colleagues
- True team player who loves to work in a very international team
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE
- Result oriented
- Communication skills
- Quality oriented
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Planning and organizing