Advanced Touch Screen Control
A Crestron® touch screen offers an ideal user-interface for controlling all the technology in your home, boardroom, classroom, courtroom, or command center. Touch screens simplify and enhance the way you use technology, doing away with those piles of remote controls, cluttered wall switches, disparate smartphone apps, and cryptic computer screens. For controlling audio, video, lighting, shades, HVAC, security, and other systems, Crestron touch screens are fully-customizable with easy-to-use controls and icons, true feedback and real-time status display, live streaming video, voice recognition, web browsing, and a full-featured media player for an enhanced multiroom entertainment experience.
With its clean, contemporary design highlighted by edge-to-edge glass and stunning HD color graphics, the Crestron TSW-1060 touch screen makes an elegant statement on any wall, tabletop, lectern, or equipment rack. Perfectly at home in the most contemporary residence or modern office building, its high-tech good looks underline its power for simplifying everyday tasks and functions throughout any facility.
The TSW-1060 delivers the ultimate touch screen experience in an unobtrusive, space-saving design. It features a brilliant, high-definition 10.1 inch capacitive touch screen display with Smart Graphics® and 5 soft-touch buttons. PoE connectivity and a range of mounting options make installation a breeze for both new and retrofit applications. Additional advanced features include the abilities to control any function using voice commands, view security cameras and other video sources, communicate using built-in video intercom and phone capabilities, manage meeting room scheduling, browse the Internet, and enjoy full access to your Sonos® Home Sound System.
Crestron touch screens use Smart Graphics to deliver the ultimate user experience and the ultimate value by enabling the creation of dynamically rich user interfaces with incredible efficiency and unparalleled functionality. Using Smart Graphics, programmers can swiftly integrate fluid gesture-driven controls, animated feedback, rich metadata, embedded apps and widgets, and full-motion video for a deeply engaging and ultra-intuitive touch screen experience.
Crestron Smart Graphics offers these enhancements and more:
- Cool-looking graphical buttons, sliders, knobs, and gauges that are intuitive and fun to use
- Kinetic effects to enhance the feeling of realism, with lists and toolbars that scroll with momentum at the flick of a fingertip
- Drag-and-drop objects that snap into place, offering an easy way to switch sources
- Dashboard widgets to personalize the touch screen with clocks, weather, news, and other information 
- A power-saving screensaver that allows display of time, temperature, and other text content at a reduced brightness level
- Customizable themes allowing a completely different look and feel for every user, event, or season
- Fully-developed SmartObjects® that enable sophisticated control over complex devices with minimal programming
- A consistent look and feel across multiple touch screens of varying sizes
The TSW-1060 includes five backlit, soft-touch capacitive buttons for quick access to commonly used functions. These buttons are pre-labeled with icons for “Power”, “Home”, “Lights”, “Up”, and “Down” functions. Each button is programmable via the control system for custom functionality, and any unused button can be hidden by simply turning off its backlight.
To ensure optimal visibility under varying lighting conditions, the TSW-1060 includes a built-in light sensor, which regulates the brightness of the display and button backlighting according to the ambient light level in the room. Separate auto-brightness settings are provided for the display and buttons to allow each to be adjusted or defeated as needed.
Some things are easier said than done, so why not just say what you want and let Crestron do it for you? With built-in voice recognition, the TSW-1060 provides the ability to use spoken commands to control virtually anything. Voice recognition can be used to quickly turn devices on or off, select and play a specific media title or playlist, change the channel, choose a lighting scene, lock the doors, arm the security system, or enter a password. Simply say a command and Crestron does the rest.[1,2]
High-performance streaming video capability makes it possible to view security cameras and other video sources right on the touch screen. Native support for H.264 and MJPEG formats allows the TSW-1060 to display live streaming video from an IP camera, a streaming encoder (Crestron CEN-NVS200, DM-TXRX-100-STR, or similar ), or a DigitalMedia™ switcher. Video is delivered to the touch screen over Ethernet, eliminating the need for any extra video wiring.
Rava® SIP Intercom
Rava SIP Intercom Technology enables hands-free VoIP communication with other Rava-enabled touch screens and door stations. Rava works over Ethernet, supporting 2-way intercom, video intercom, and paging without requiring any special wiring. VoIP phone capability is also possible through integration with a SIP-compatible IP phone system or SIP server, allowing hands-free telephone functionality complete with speed-dialing, caller ID, custom ringers, and other enhancements. Built-in echo cancellation affords full-duplex performance for clear, seamless voice communication using the TSW-1060’s integrated microphone and speakers.
A 5 megapixel camera is built into the TSW-1060 to support video intercom and room monitoring capabilities. This feature allows individuals to communicate both verbally and visually between two touch screens, or between one touch screen and a Rava-compatible video door station. It can also be used to visually monitor any room securely using an H.264 compatible decoder (Crestron DM-TXRX-100-STR, DM-RMC-100-STR, or similar ) or a third-party video monitoring system. When not needed, the camera feature can be turned off programmatically through the control system. A “no-camera” model is also available.
Merging technologies from Sonos and Crestron brings a whole-house music experience like no other. From any touch screen in the house, a family can effortlessly browse for tracks, artists, or playlists using all the services available from Sonos and instantly play them in any room using Sonos wireless speakers or a Crestron Sonnex® Multiroom Audio System. The Sonos app runs natively on the TSW-1060, enabling enhanced control of Sonos products as part of a complete Crestron system. The app checks for updates nightly so it’s always current.
Room Scheduling (Coming Soon)
The TSW-1060 can provide an invaluable productivity tool for corporate enterprises and other organizations that use Crestron Fusion®, Microsoft® Outlook®, Google Calendar™, or another calendaring application, to schedule meetings and manage rooms. Mounted on the wall outside each room, the TSW-1060 allows anyone to see at-a-glance if the room is available or in use, and to view details about the current meeting. A swipe of the finger reveals the room’s entire schedule for the day, displaying upcoming meetings and open time slots, and allowing the room to be reserved right on the spot.
Room scheduling functionality is enabled on the TSW-1060 using the built-in room scheduling application, which syncs directly over the network with Crestron Fusion, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365®, or Google Calendar. A Room Availability Hallway Sign (model SSC or SSW ) can be added for enhanced visibility.
PinPoint™ Beacon (Coming Soon)
The built-in PinPoint proximity detection beacon enhances the intelligence and personalization of a Crestron system by enabling a smartphone or tablet device to always know what room it’s in. It works with the Crestron App or Crestron PinPoint App, using Bluetooth® technology to determine when the mobile device is in or near the same room as the beacon, and signals the mobile app to automatically display the appropriate controls and information for that location.[2,5]
Using its built-in web browser, the TSW-1060 provides quick access to online program guides and other web-based services at the touch of a button, allowing enhanced touch screen control of DVRs and other appliances without having to pick up a separate tablet or smartphone. If a device can be controlled or managed through a web browser, it can be integrated into the Crestron system through the TSW-1060. Of course, the web browser may also be used to simply browse the Internet, check traffic conditions, or look up a recipe.
Typing in passwords, URLs, and text searches is facilitated using the on-screen multi-language keyboard.
The TSW-1060’s capacitive touch screen affords enhanced capabilities for browsing web pages using multi-touch gestures.
Customized audio files can be loaded to add another dimension to the touch screen graphics using personalized sounds, button feedback, and voice prompts.
A simple Ethernet LAN connection is all that is required to wire the TSW-1060, containing all control, video, intercom, and power signals within a single wire.
Power over Ethernet
Using PoE technology, the TSW-1060 gets its operating power right through the LAN wiring. PoE (Power over Ethernet) eliminates the need for a local power supply or any dedicated power wiring. A PoE Injector (PWE-4803RU ) simply connects in line with the LAN cable at a convenient location. Crestron PoE switches (CEN-SW-POE-5 or CEN-SWPOE-16 ) may also be used to provide a total networking solution with built-in PoE.
Refer to the “Power” specifications for additional details.
Simple, Versatile Mounting
Using the bracket provided, the TSW-1060 is easily installed over a 2-gang or 3-gang electrical box, or a 2-gang European or UK electrical box. The same bracket allows for installation in a wooden lectern or podium over a rectangular cutout. When installed, the touch screen protrudes just 1/2 inch from the mounting surface and latches firmly into its mounting bracket leaving no visible screws for an ultra clean appearance.
Additional mounting options are afforded using the TSW-UMB-60 Universal Mounting Bracket. By itself, the TSW-UMB-60 provides a post-construction solution for retrofitting the TSW-1060 into existing drywall. For pre-construction applications that don’t require a back box, the TSW-UMB-60 can be used along with a TSW-UMB-60-PMK Pre-Construction Mounting Kit. Masonry and concrete applications are accommodated using the TSW-UMB-60 along with a TSW-UMB-60-BBI back box. The TSW-UMB-60 is compatible with TSW-560, -760, and -1060 model touch screens, making it easy to change devices at any time.
When installing the TSW-1060 in place of an older Crestron touch screen (APAD, CT-1000, LC-1000, TPS-4L, TPS-6L, TPS-2000L, or TPS-3100L), Crestron offers Retrofit Mounting Brackets (TSW-60-RMB series ), which facilitate replacement without having to tear out the old mounting hardware or patch the wall.
Every TSW-1060 includes an optional security latch for installations in which the physical security of the touch screen is important. When installed, the security latch ensures that a casual passerby cannot remove the TSW-1060 from its mounted position in the wall. The latch can only be disengaged through a special removal sequence, protecting the touch screen against theft while still allowing serviceability where required.
Using the optional Tabletop Kit (TSW-1060-TTK ), the TSW-1060 becomes a stylish, freestanding touch screen that fits perfectly on a table, desk, or countertop. It can even be permanently attached to the surface using the optional Swivel Mount Kit (TSW-560/760/1060-SMK ).
Rack Mount Option
The TSW-1060 can be mounted in a 19" EIA equipment rack using the optional Rack Mount Kit (TSW-1060-RMK-2 ). When rack mounted, the touch screen occupies five rack spaces.
- Voice recognition, web browsing, weather information, Sonos app, and certain other functions require an Internet connection.
- The camera, microphone, and PinPoint beacon (Bluetooth) are included on models TSW-1060-B-S and TSW-1060-W-S only. To ensure privacy, the camera, microphone, and Bluetooth transceiver can each be defeated programmatically at any time. For applications demanding an extra measure of privacy, Crestron offers models TSW-1060-NC-B-S and TSW-1060-NC-W-S, which have no physical camera, microphone, or Bluetooth transceiver installed.
- Item(s) sold separately.
- Room scheduling functionality and USB support for the SSC or SSW hallway sign can be enabled using the native room scheduling application or the Room Scheduling SmartObject®. The SmartObject provides a UI similar to the TSS-752 and requires Crestron Fusion. The native application features a newer, more customizable UI, and can be used with Crestron Fusion, or without Crestron Fusion via direct connection to MS Exchange, Office 365, or Google Calendar. Refer to www.crestron.com/fusion for a list of other calendaring applications that are supported through Crestron Fusion. Using the native application, the TSW-760 must be designated exclusively for room scheduling use, which precludes use of certain other features and functions described in this spec sheet. Both room scheduling options are future features that will be available soon. The touch screen must be powered by a PoE+ power source when a hallway sign is connected via USB.
- PinPoint beacon functionality will be enabled through a future firmware update. When enabled, the TSW-1060 will provide an integrated, equivalent alternative to the standalone PP-100 beacon. For more details, refer to the PP-100 spec sheet. Bluetooth technology is used solely for proximity detection and does not transmit or receive any control, multimedia, or personal data. PinPoint beacons are only visible to Bluetooth enabled devices that are specifically programmed and configured to work with your system.
- The TSW-UMB-60, TSW-UMB-60-PMK, and TSW-UMB-60-BBI are all sold separately. The TSW-UMB-60 is also compatible with older TSW-UMB-PMK preconstruction mounting kits and TSW-550-BBI back boxes, allowing the TSW-1060 touch screen to be installed in place of a previous generation TSW-5xx series touch screen, or any other device that was originally installed using the a TSW-UMB-PMK or TSW-550-BBI, without modification to the wall. If replacing an APAD, CT-1000, LC-1000, TPS-4L, TPS-6L, TPS-2000L, or TPS-3100L device, use the appropriate TSW-60-RMB retrofit mounting bracket (sold separately).
This product may be purchased from an authorized Crestron dealer. To find a dealer, please contact the Crestron sales representative for your area. A list of sales representatives is available online at www.crestron.com/salesreps or by calling 800-237-2041.
The specific patents that cover Crestron products are listed online at: patents.crestron.com.
Certain Crestron products contain open source software. For specific information, please visit www.crestron.com/opensource.
Crestron, the Crestron logo, Crestron Fusion, DigitalMedia, PinPoint, Rava, Smart Graphics, SmartObject, SmartObjects, and Sonnex are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Crestron Electronics, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Bluetooth is either a trademark or registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Google Calendar is either a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Microsoft, Office 365, and Outlook are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Sonos is either a trademark or registered trademark of Sonos, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and trade names may be used in this document to refer to either the entities claiming the marks and names or their products. Crestron disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others. Crestron is not responsible for errors in typography or photography. Specifications are subject to change without notice. ©2017 Crestron Electronics, Inc.