The HD-WP-4K-401-C enables the display of up to four video sources simultaneously on a single HD, Ultra HD, or 4K display. Parallel HDMI® and HDBaseT® outputs provide flexible connectivity for the display device and other equipment. Input sources up to 4K are supported via four HDMI inputs. Fully automatic operation enables use without a control system, while enhanced operation and custom functionality can be attained through integration with a control system.
Video windowing enhances the presentation and collaboration capabilities of any meeting space, allowing multiple presentation sources to be connected and displayed together on screen. The ability to connect up to four Crestron Connect It™ cable caddies directly to the HD-WP-4K-401-C affords a perfect multi-window collaboration solution for huddle rooms and classrooms. Any meeting room, classroom, training lab, auditorium, lecture hall, house of worship, or command center can benefit from the use of video windowing, expanding the facility’s display capabilities while saving cost by allowing more video sources to be viewed on fewer display devices.
Note: Interlaced video signals are not supported. A Crestron HD-SCALER-HD-E video scaler may be added to any HDMI input to enable support for interlaced video sources on that input. Refer to the specifications for complete input and output capabilities.
Note: Full screen 4K display is supported by Inputs 1 and 2 only. 4K sources connected to Inputs 3 and 4 are automatically downscaled to 1080p.
High-Performance Video Windowing
The HD-WP-4K-401-C is engineered to deliver a professional onscreen experience with crystal clear 4K video quality and smooth transitions. Using Automatic mode, the screen fluidly configures itself based on the number of connected sources. With four sources connected, all four images appear in four equal sized windows that combine to fill the screen. Disconnect or disable one source and the screen reconfigures to display only three windows (two top, one bottom). Connect or select only two sources and they display side by side, while a single source displays full screen.
PIP (Picture-In-Picture) windowing is also supported, allowing one source to be displayed full screen with a second source displayed in an inset PIP window. The size and location of the PIP window can be defined at setup. All windowing modes and input assignments can be managed at setup or while in operation using the front panel controls, a web browser, or a control system.
Text & Image Overlay
Each video window can be designated with a custom text label. An additional text field can be positioned at any location on screen to display a static label or a dynamic pop-up message sent from the control system. A custom photo or logo image can also be uploaded to appear at any location on the screen.
Crestron Connect It™
Crestron Connect It is a cost-effective, simple-to-use presentation solution that works seamlessly with the HD-WP-4K-401-C. Simply add up to four Crestron Connect It Cable Caddies (TT-100 series) to provide BYOD connectivity and one-touch control for multiple participants around a conference table. Four USB ports on the HD-WP-4K-401-C provide power and communications for each cable caddy.
Note: The HD-WP-4K-401-C does not support VGA or analog audio inputs.
Its HDBaseT output allows the HD-WP-4K-401-C to connect directly to any display device equipped with an HDBaseT input. The HDBaseT connection requires just one CAT type cable and supports wiring distances up to 300 feet (100 meters), easily accommodating all types of room configurations. The HDBaseT and HDMI outputs may be used simultaneously, providing identical signals at each output with the added benefits of longer cable length and the ability to power an HDBaseT PoE+ powered device over the HDBaseT connection.
The HDBaseT output is also compatible with Crestron DigitalMedia™ (DM®), allowing for connection to a DM 8G+® receiver, DM switcher, Crestron RL® 2 Group Collaboration System, or DM-DGE-200-C Digital Graphics Engine. Please note that the HD-WP-4K-401-C does not provide control of the DM device or any equipment connected to that DM device.
Audio Pass-Through & De-Embedding
When displaying a full screen image of any single input source, that source’s audio signal is routed to the HDMI and HDBaseT outputs. A balanced analog audio output is also included to allow stereo audio signals to be extracted from the digital output and fed to a separate audio switcher, processor, or amplifier.[3,4]
Display Control & System Integration
When used without a control system, the HD-WP-4K-401-C provides essential on/off power control of the display device, via RS-232 using the onboard COM port, or via CEC through the HDMI or HDBaseT output. The display device can be configured to turn on automatically when an input source is connected, and then turn off following an adjustable time period after all sources are disconnected.
Adding a control system enables fully customizable control of the display and other devices connected to the HD-WP-4K-401-C via RS-232, IR, and CEC. CEC is supported through each of the onboard HDMI and HDBaseT ports. Integration with a control system also enables integration with Crestron Fusion® Cloud to support centralized control, monitoring, and room scheduling as part of a complete managed enterprise.
Easy setup and configuration of the HD-WP-4K-401-C is enabled using the front panel controls or a web browser. Standalone operation is supported for set-and-forget video windowing applications, and for small AV presentation applications with or without the optional Crestron Connect It Cable Caddies.
- Inputs 1 and 2 allow sources with resolutions up to DCI 4K to be displayed at their full resolution when in full screen mode (as long as that resolution is supported by the display device). Inputs 3 and 4 will accept sources with resolution up to DCI 4K, however the full screen output resolution for these inputs is limited to 1080p. Sources with resolutions beyond 1080p that are connected to Inputs 3 and 4 are always downscaled to 1080p. Refer to the specifications for additional details on supported input and output resolutions.
- The maximum cable length for HDBaseT or DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+) is dependent upon the type of cable, resolution of the video signal, and capabilities of each connected device. Refer to the “HDBaseT & DM 8G+ Maximum Cable Lengths” table for a detailed overview. Shielded cable and connectors are recommended to safeguard against unpredictable environmental electrical noise which may impact performance at resolutions above 1080p. Refer to the Crestron DigitalMedia Design Guide, Doc. #4546 for DM system design guidelines. All wire and cables are sold separately.
- Audio is only passed to the outputs when displaying a full screen video image, and only the audio associated with the full screen image is passed. Audio is not passed to any output when displaying video in windows.
- The analog audio output is only active when the input source is outputting a 2-channel stereo signal.
- When used without a control system, the RS-232 COM port supports basic on/off power control of a single display device and the IR port is not utilized. The addition of a Crestron control system with custom programming enables both the COM and IR ports to be utilized for fully-customizable control applications.
- When used without a control system, CEC may be utilized at either video output to provide basic on/off power control of a single display device. The addition of a Crestron control system with custom programming enables CEC to be utilized through any HDMI or HDBaseT port for fully-customizable control applications.
- The HD-WP-4K-401-C does not provide direct control of a DM receiver or any devices connected to that receiver. To enable this requires a Crestron control system with custom programming.
- The HD-WP-4K-401-C does not support interlaced input or output signals. An HD-SCALER-HD-E may be added to any HDMI input to enable support for interlaced video sources on that input. Please refer to the HD-SCALER-HD-E spec sheet for more information.
- HDMI connections require an appropriate adapter or interface cable to accommodate a DVI or Dual-Mode DisplayPort signal. CBL-HD-DVI interface cables are available separately.
- Deep Color input signals are truncated to 24-bit (8-bits per color) at the output.
This product may be purchased from an authorized Crestron dealer. To find a dealer, please contact the Crestron sales representative for your area. A list of sales representatives is available online at www.crestron.com/salesreps or by calling 800-237-2041.
The specific patents that cover Crestron products are listed online at: patents.crestron.com.
Certain Crestron products contain open source software. For specific information, please visit www.crestron.com/opensource.
Crestron, the Crestron logo, AirMedia, Crestron Connect It, Crestron Fusion, Crestron RL, DigitalMedia, DigitalMedia 8G, DigitalMedia 8G+, DM, and DM 8G+ are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Crestron Electronics, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Dolby, Dolby Atmos, and Dolby Digital are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories in the United States and/or other countries. DTS, DTS-HD, and DTS:X are either trademarks or registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. HDBaseT and the HDBaseT Alliance logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of the HDBaseT Alliance in the United States and/or other countries. HDMI and the HDMI Logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and trade names may be used in this document to refer to either the entities claiming the marks and names or their products. Crestron disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others. Crestron is not responsible for errors in typography or photography. Specifications are subject to change without notice. ©2017 Crestron Electronics, Inc.